Bible Study for Palm Sunday | April 5, 2020 | Romans 8 | “Freedom”
Freedom: A Bible Study on Romans 8
David Bahn | St John Lutheran Church | Cypress, TX
Palm Sunday | April 5, 2020
What is your biggest hope once we’re free from the immediate threat of the COVID-19 virus?
Freedom from Judgment Romans 8:1-4
We’ve been freed from:
- The law (principal) of sin and death
- The guilt of sin
- Our personal weaknesses and human limitations
- The coercion of the Law
- Through Jesus Christ
Freedom from Defeat Romans 8:5-17
Where does the Holy Spirit lead us?
- He leads us into truth (John 14:17)
- He leads us to remember his teachings (John 14:26)
- He leads us to Jesus. (John 15:26)
- He leads us to testify about Jesus. (John 15:27)
- He leads us to (John 16:5-10)
- He leads us to confess our faith. (1 Corinthians 12:3)
- He will lead us and others to acknowledge and bring glory to Jesus (John 16:14-15)
- He leads us to a deeper conviction of our status as children of God (Romans 8:16)
Freedom from Discouragement Romans 8:18-30
We’ve been saved!
- We have been saved (Ephesians 2:8-9)
- We are being saved (1 Corinthians 1:18; 2 Corinthians 2:15; Philippians 2:12)
- We will be saved (Romans 8:24-25; 10:9, 13)
Freedom from Fear Romans 8:31-39
We are more than conquerors through Christ.
- He overcomes with a greater power, the power of Jesus
- He overcomes with a greater motive, the glory of Jesus
- He overcomes with a greater victory, losing nothing even in the battle
- He overcomes with a greater love, conquering enemies with love and converting persecutors with patience
A riddle: What is greater than God, more evil than the devil? The poor have it. The rich need it. If you eat it you will die.
Question: What will separate us from the Love of God in Jesus Christ? NOTHING. Thanks be to God!